Monday 5 May 2014

Epic Anniversary Event PRIZES, Sponsors & Guest Judges Part 2!





Our 6th sponsor this month is Scraps of Elegance!


Scraps of Darkness & Scraps of Elegance are monthly scrapbook kit clubs that
 cater to scrapbookers who are looking for an alternative to what other kit clubs offer. 

Our kits are designed for artists who wish to take scrapbooking to a level beyond.
We strive to include the latest & greatest items on the market that will enable you to 
create not "just a layout", but a work of art.

Please also check out the inspiration from our design team on the shop's blog
You can also find us on Facebook & Pinterest & YouTube - let's connect!
Our tutorials you can find here!


We will send the winner of our prize our Scraps of Elegance May
 "Cape May Holiday" Main Kit along with 4 of our perfectly coordinated kit add ons!  
 The Patterned Paper Add On, Coordinating Paper Add On, Embellishment Add On, 
AND our Floral Add On, all shipped free of charge!

AMAZEBALLS!!  
And we have their very own Lisa Novogrodski
Guest Judging for us too!



" Hi!  My name is Lisa Novogrodski & I live in New England with my husband, 
2 daughters & sweet kitties. I am a mixed media artist who enjoys a collage style, 
highlighted with lots of layering & texture. I also enjoy portrait drawing & painting
 & am currently incorporating that medium into my layouts & canvas work.

 I design for BoBunny, Scraps of Elegance & Scraps of Darkness Kit Clubs 
& am so excited to be part of Scrap Around The World's


EPIC ANNIVERSARY EVENT & honoured to be one of the judges!"

----------------------------

On with the show!  Our 7th sponsor this month is UmWow Studio 
from the US of A! with an amazing prize pack plus FREE POSTAGE!!



UmWowStudio is an innovative & fun embellishment manufacturer
 specializing in chipboard, mixed media masks/stencils & flair. 

You can find tons of inspiration on UmWowStudio's blog,
 Pinterest, Facebook, Youtube & Instagram!

Website : www.umwowstudio.com
Blog : www.umwowstudio.blogspot.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/UmWowStudio
Youtube : youtube.com/umwowstudio
Pinterest : pinterest.com/umwowstudio
Instagram : instagram.com/umwowstudio


 The prize pack today includes all 7 of the brand new Chipboard Tag Books,
 5 mixed media stencil/masks, an abundance of chipboard embellishments
 AND a splattering of flat backed flair!!!

We have the fabulously fun DeeDee as our 7th Guest Judge!

  

Hi!  I'm DeeDee Catron & I blog HERE!!


I'm a 26 year old creative gal with tons of passions. 

I'm the Owner/Creative Director of UmWowStudio,
 the Marketing & Artistic Director for Viva Las VegaStamps! 
& a Paper Designer for 7 Dots Studio. 
I have a Bachelor of Arts degree & <<LOVE>> color!

--------------------------------

Our 8th sponsor is Lindy's Stamp Gang!
We all know & love the shimmery delights they create!!
Lindy's luscious lustre is all uniquely two-toned! 
With vibrant shimmery sprays, flat sprays, vintage sprays, 
embossing powder & lots more! 

Lindy’s Stamp Gang is the creative” baby” of Lindy Plakinger. 
She passed away in 2008 after bravely battling illness. 
She was a self-made cartoonist, loved drawing, crafting, 
designing new products, and creating her funny cartoon characters!
 One of her greatest joys was traveling to stamping & scrapbooking 
conventions across the US, demo-ing to her heart’s content
 with her sister & giggle partner, Vicki! 

Lindy’s Stamp Gang will continue, as was her hope & dream. 
Her husband & daughter have taken over the company,
 keeping her creativity alive. Tracey, (her daughter), has always
 been a “jar filler” in the background of Lindy’s Stamp Gang, 
but is now trying to fill some incredible shoes! 



$100 worth of Luscious Lindy's Lustre PLUS FREE POSTAGE!
It's incredible I agree!!


We have the ever-energetic Limor Webber 
Guest Judging for us on behalf of LSG!


I am a Mixed Media artist, a mom to 2 beautiful daughters & have a husband

 that is beyond supportive of my passion & my work. I am an Educator for several 

manufacturers in both the Crafting & Arts industry - such as Faber Castell
Design Memory Craft, Lindy’s Stamp Gang, Prima Marketing Inc & FabScraps. 


My classes are primarily focused on discovery of mediums & techniques both
 in the Mixed Media world & Scrapbooking/Crafting. I am a technique Junkie 
which always takes me to a road of discovery myself,  which in turn I provide to
 my students. My passion is teaching but more importantly it is my mission in
 live to enliven others & allow them to discover their hidden talents.

 I love watching my students find their new self expression in a piece of art 
especially when at the beginning they feel constrained. I have the privilege
 to travel around the world to share my passion!

------------------------------------------

Our 9th sponsor is Shirel Studio



pop and colours « Art of background »



6 weeks of workshops with step-by-step detailed examples & videos!
Do you like to play with inks ? Dirty hands, painting in the hair & stains
 on the apron doesn’t scare you? Then this workshop is for you!

 Whatever your style, learn how to create backgrounds very personal 
using the techniques presented in this workshop ! 

 I requested to internationally famous guests who will share their secrets
 for making scrapbook pages from A to Z. Each week two different 
step-by-step (videos or photos & written explanations) will be presented.

 6 weeks of workshops with step-by-step detailed examples & videos!
each week (Tuesday & Friday), icing on the cake, sample pages created
 by the various intervening on each technique. So these examples
 will show you that the techniques are adaptable to all styles !

The workshop will focus on scrapbooking pages but the techniques
 are obviously suitable for other media (Art Journal, Project Life, mini-album,
 canvas Mixed Media etc.).

There is no time limit for suscribe the workshop and it will be available 
for a period of 1 year from the beginning of the workshop (ie 18 October 2014)


Pop and Colours #2 « Around the world »

10 weeks of workshops in video!
You liked Pop and Colours "Art of Background" & you want more?
Well... We do have more!  Pop and Colours # 2 "Around the World" 
is based on the same principle:

Our team of renowned internationals will share their secrets
 for making scrapbook pages through exclusive videos!
Different styles will share the spotlight : freestyle,shabby, 
mixed media or graphic style, you will find shops for all tastes !

Class started on January 03 2014 & all the contents will be available
 for a whole year but you can join us at anytime within this year !

BOTH FABULOUS WORKSHOPS ARE ON OFFER AS ONE PRIZE!
And we have Shirel herself Guest Judging for us too!!



Hi!  I am of Belgian origin, 35 years old  & living in Switzerland with my son
 & my companion. Adept creative hobbies forever (I got up at night to paint
 at the age of 5 years)!   I discovered scrapbooking in 2004 & , like many
 of you, have been contaminated by the virus produced from the first page!

 I discovered Mixed Media in 2007 & I am now split between these 2 passions! 
A journalist by training, I dedicate myself entirely to my life as an artist & co-ordinate
 many workshops all around France, Belgium & Switzerland.  In 2011 I created 
Studio Shirel to launch a concept of online workshops on video, a recent project being
 Pop & Colours, a collaboration from scrapbooking artists all around the world.

 I’m one of several Design Teams, namely  Kit de Somni, L’Encre et L’Image,
Scrapbuttons, 4h37 & Dame de Kit & am so excited to be guest judging here too!!

------------------------------------






Our 10th sponsor is the Flying Unicorn online store!


Flying Unicorn...Your Passion. Your Art. 

Their on line store has an incredible selection of products for all paper crafting artists. 

Their Kit of the Month is filled with the latest & greatest ~ including 
an off-the-page project to keep your creative muse flowing!

Be sure to check out the Flying Unicorn forums, a hot & happening place 
which includes monthly challenges, tips, techniques & friendships that last! 

They also have a blog & a Facebook page where you can find loads of inspiration!




They are sponsoring a WOPPER of a prize!
Including FREE POSTAGE of course!!  AND we
have the honour of their passionate owner
Alda Stevens guest judging for us!



"Hi everyone! I am the Founder & Owner of Flying Unicorn - an online
 store for us artists with a brick and mortar showroom in South Florida. 
 I am a single mom with one child – maybe he is not a child anymore at
 the age of 17 – but still the child! 

 I found a passion for scrapbooking in 2008 & went crazy with all the stickers
 that were available to enhance a page & never looked back!  I would say my
 style has grown into shabby chic with a vintage flair,  with lots & lots of flowers
 &  pink of course! 

I enjoy creating layouts, card, tags, altered and mini albums – I am not set in what
 to create as long as I create. Scrapbooking is a passion that is required
 in my daily life. You can find more of me on www.flyingunicornblog.com.

---------------------------------

And last but in no way least we have a super awesome random prize
 from a very special original/inaugural/past DT member, Eila Sandberg,
 that is OPEN TO ALL TO WIN providing :-  

1)  You ALSO SHARE YOUR WORK ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!

2)  You become an OFFICIAL GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT FOLLOWER 
of Eila's blog!




Hello! My name is Eila Sandberg and I live in Sweden with my sweet hubby
 & 3 cats. I have been scrapbooking for 4 years now. The majority of my
 projects are layouts but I also create cards, tags & tactile mini-albums too! 

I am huge Prima fan and use their products on almost everything that I create.
As a DT member of Scrap365 Magazine I had the honour of kicking off the 
magazine's Prima Love Month of amazing product reviews by the Design
 Team.  HERE is the link to the blog post full of Prima delight!


One of the three pages that I created for my Prima product review is
based on the Scrap Around The World EPIC ANNIVERSARY mood board
& I am honoured to share it here with you all today as  the prize that I am 
sponsoring is based on the products that I used on this Prima page.



WHAT A BRAINWAVE EILA HAD TO DONATE GOODIES USED
ON THIS GLORIOUS PAGE!!  Thanks so much Eila!!

Eila is offering up a wonderful selection of her favourite Prima goodies!
Posted FREE OF CHARGE  to one extremely lucky duck!!

THAT'S IT FROM ALL OUR MARVELLOUS SPONSORS!!!
Soon they will all be up in our sidebar with clickable links so you can
do your SHOPPING while visiting us too!!  Woohoo!!!

Come back tomorrow to see our Winners, Features & Finalists 
from our April challenge!!  



3 comments:

zenevak said...

WOW - what an amazing group of judges and selection of prizes. This is one huge celebration! Congratulations to all SATW designers (past and present), and to you Helen for making SATW such an inspirational challenge site. It takes a lot of time and effort to put the site together and to keep it running as well as you do - you all do an awesome job. I'm excited to see all the work of the participants. I think it's going to be a massive month!

Tusia Lech said...

Absolutely amazing group of judges!!! ♥

Erica said...

Awesome prizes & judges!!